ACACIA UK couldn’t continue our work without the help of our wonderful volunteers. If you would like to join us in helping to change the lives of some of Kenya’s most vulnerable children we would be thrilled to hear from you. Even if you have just a couple of hours a week to spare, we can make great use of your time.
Volunteer in one of our shops
Our 4 shops in Abingdon, Didcot, Grove and Faringdon play a crucial role in raising funds for our work, and could not be run without our wonderful volunteers. Becoming a shop volunteer is a great way to get out, to meet other people, to build or regain confidence, and to develop or refresh skills. As a shop volunteer, you could be helping to generate, sort and price donated stock, creating and maintaining attractive displays, or generally assisting our valued customers in the shop front and providing them with excellent customer service. If you like the sound of joining one of our friendly teams, please get in touch!
We also have a specialist volunteer position in our shops:
- Antiques and collectibles researcher and valuer – Do you love antiques? Are you a keen researcher with an eye for detail? Help us to research and value many of the antiques and collectibles brought into our stores!
Join us in the ACACIA UK Office
Our head office is based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. If you live locally and have a few hours to spare on a weekly basis we have a number of voluntary positions available and would love to hear from you:
- Fundraising and Communications Officer – To support the fundraising and communications officer with fundraising activities including written funding applications, corporate fundraising, event organising and much more!
- Community Fundraising Officer – Do you like the idea of organising events and activities which will raise vital funds and increase awareness of our work? Are you creative, sociable and business-minded? If so we would like to hear from you!
We also have a number of positions available for both local and distance volunteers, these include:
- Social Media and Communications Officer – Love social media? Talented at communications? Assist with the running of our social media accounts and help to produce timely promotions and marketing for our campaigns and events!
- Programme Support Assistant– Are you interested in a career in International development programme management? Are you passionate about development theory and institutional capacity building? As our Programme Support volunteer you will work with us and our Kenyan based partners to build capacity and develop a monitoring and evaluation framework!
- University Liaison Officer – Are you a good communicator? Do you love networking? If yes, then you could support us to develop our support network within UK universities, developing new links and exploring fundraising opportunities!
- Prospect Research Assistant– Are you a good researcher? Do you want to boost the fundraising potential of a small charity? Help us to expand our fundraising database, finding new donors and opportunities and much more!
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in any of these positions!